Five Day Trips from London
Get out of town and see more of the UK with these five essential day trips
- Get there: From London Bridge or Victoria in an hour.
- See: The vintage dealers and eclectic shops in the North Laine and the Brighton Pavillion’s neo-classical architecture.
- Do: Wander along the pier for the arcade, rides and slides and great views of city.
- Eat: Incredible cakes at Cloud 9 if you have a sweet tooth or a laid back lunch at Compass Point Eatery.
- Get there: From Paddington or Marleybone in just over an hour.
- See: Christ Church College and the ‘Great Hall’ where Harry Potter was filmed, wander along the picturesque canal and stop in at a pub for lunch
- Do: Take a tour of Oxford Castle and learn about its centuries of history
- Eat: Head over to the Covered Market for cheeses, tea, cakes and Moo-Moo’s who will blend any sweet treat into a milkshake.
- Get there: from Kings Cross or Liverpool St in an hour.
- See: Learn about the University Colleges then walk along ‘The Backs’ for a different point of view from the riverside.
- Do: If you’re feeling fit give punting a go or relax with a tour instead.
- Eat: Grab lunch on the go from foodPark or a sandwich from The Urban Shed.
- Get there: from Paddington in under two hours.
- See: The historic Royal Crescent and the Georgian architecture that earned the city it’s UNESCO heritage listing.
- Do: Stroll around Victoria Park and take in the history of the Roman Baths.
- Eat: The famous Sally Lunn’s for traditional Bath fare or head to Same Same But Different near the river.
- Get there: from Victoria and Cannon St in under two hours
- See: The winding streets of the medieval old town full of quirky shops and pubs.
- Do: Head up to Hastings Castle to see what remains and take in the stunning scenery.
- Eat: Take a wander on the Hastings Pier for fish and chips, cafe options and great views.